The Union City Public Library will be CLOSED Until Further Notice.
This closure is not taken lightly and is being done out of a deep concern for the health and safety of our greater Union City and regional community. Thank you for your patience, support, and understanding.
– No overdue fines will be charged during this closure and all items may be returned in the book drop.
– Please check the library’s Facebook page and website for information, updates and options, or changes during this time.
– All Youth and Adult Programs are postponed until further notice.
– The Library will continue to monitor and assess the current public health and safety concerns regarding the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) and will adjust these terms of closure as needed.
Union City Public Library Wi-Fi Access for Youth e-Leaning Days
With the closing of Randolph Eastern School Corporation for the remainder of the academic year, the Library is offering our Internet Wi-Fi access service for the benefit of school children who need to accomplish school homework assignments using their school issued Chrome Books.
– The Wi-Fi login password for this service is: ucplwifi1
– This service will be available on days designated by the Randolph Eastern School Corporation as e-Learning Days – students will have a list of these days as provided by their school. This Wi-Fi service will take place from 11:30 am – 4:00 pm.
– The Wi-Fi signal is most available near to the front of the building in areas by the steps, the park benches, and along the front walkway, and with a limited range out onto the immediately adjacent lawn areas. Youth are welcome to use this service, and we will continue to provide it as circumstances allow.
– Adults may also use this service on these designated days, but due to limitations of available bandwidth and range, we ask that adults give access preference to children doing school work.
– For the health safety of the public, we ask that all children and adults using this service practice responsible Social-Distancing, and remain at least 6 feet apart at all times while on library property.
Library Remote Services During Our Closure
– Until we are able to reopen for full service, we encourage all of our adult and youth patrons to use their UCPL library card to enjoy access to our free digital library collection of e-Books, e-Audiobooks, e-Magazine publications, and videos through the online services of “OverDrive,” and “Libby“.
– You can learn more about these free services and many others on our library’s Home webpage in the drop down menu selection for Resources and Youth, or through the library’s Facebook page.